At the core of text message marketing, is your mobile keyword. This single keyword will be the centre piece, an active opt-on for your entire subscriber list. Knowing how your mobile marketing keyword works, is an essential part of becoming a pro SMS marketer.
That’s why in this post, we’re going to define exactly how your text message marketing keyword will work. If it works well, you’ll have a large, enthusiastic subscriber list!
How Do Mobile Keywords Work?
- A cell phone marketing keyword is an identifying word that allows you to interact with your customers. They are used in conjunction with shortcodes to gather subscribers.
- A text message marketing shortcode is the number that your subscribers will text to opt-in to your list. Once they have sent the SMS, they are part of your community. Their cell phone number is stored in MindMe’s system so you can text them whenever you want.
- A welcome message will be sent to anyone who opts-in by texting your keyword. It will contain your mobile keyword so people know the text is from you. This keyword tells the text message software that you’ve elected to join the list.
- Your text message marketing keyword needs to be short, memorable and simple – USE YOUR BUSINESS NAME if you don’t have a creative idea ‘text MINDME to 26786’ to see how mobile marketing works.”
- Once the message is sent, an automated cell phone marketing message will result. “Welcome to MindMe! Try MindMe for free with this link https://bit.ly/MMfree.”
Your text message marketing keyword is an excellent way to offer your subscribers discounts, coupons and to keep them up to date on what is happening in your business. It’s also an efficient way to encourage repeat buying and customer loyalty.
But it all begins with that mobile keyword. If you want your text message marketing campaign to be a success, try to find the perfect one that suits your mobile ad plan!